Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
Crystal Isles - Free ARK Expansion Map
Posted on June 12th, 2020 12:59 AM EST
Celebrate the return of an ARK community classic, updated with a new real-world dinosaur for you to tame, and now added to ARK’s Official Server networks! Crystal Isles is 150 square kilometers of colorful scenery and awe-inspiring biomes teeming with life. This map's supernatural beauty has won the hearts of the ARK community since its debut as a mod in 2016, and we've polished it to bring out its shine.
Whether you think you know Crystal Isles or plan to explore this map for the first time, you should be prepared for new discoveries. Build your bases high in rainforest canopy and mysterious floating islands, then dive deep into undersea caverns in search of resources. Tame and saddle up your own Tropeognathus—ARK’s newest pterosaur—for a dizzying jet-fuel-powered ride into aerial combat, complete with powerful mounted flak cannon!
Crystal Isles includes:
- A 150 sq km map with a wide variety of unique biomes to explore
- The Great Valley, a rainforest with bogs and towering tree limbs that lend new options for base-building
- Emberfall, a fantastic region of vibrant foliage and volcanic danger that also rewards exploration
- Eldritch Isle, an eerie and challenging realm worth braving for its valuable resources, like Element and oil
- Apotheosis, a cluster of floating islands tangled with vines and roots, shot through with cavernous pockets, and spilling over with waterfalls
- Three types of crystal wyvern types for you to tame and breed
- A new custom boss arena
- New Dinosaur Tame: Tropeognathus! This large pterosaur from the Cretaceous period can now be found making its home on Crystal Isles. Tropeognathus’ keel-tipped snout can quickly gnash victims’ armor into bits, and when outfitted with a saddle containing a jetpack, its speed and maneuverability are second-to-none. Also providing a built-in flak cannon available to the pilot, this terror of the skies can engage in aerial combat with extreme deadliness