Community Crunch 376: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!
Posted on August 25th, 2023 07:00 PM EST
The community made ARK history this week by crowning the first-ever aquatic creature winner of the community creature vote. Keep reading to find out what creature will make its new home in the vast oceans of ARK: Survival Ascended's The Center. Keep that fantastic creativity flowing because another community creature vote is right around the corner!
With over 39k votes, Shastasaurus will be the new creature added to The Center for ARK: Survival Ascended. We are looking forward to sharing its concept and dossier in the weeks to come!
If you are interested in seeing exactly how the voting went, check it out here.
To recap previous announcements, we’ll be taking save games from the Official Network and providing the files to you so that you can host your own server and continue the progress you’ve made on the Official Network.
We intend to take two different save snapshots, one timeline will be communicated below and the second will happen during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September.
- The first save snapshot will be provided on Wednesday, August 30th (8/30).
- On Wednesday, we’ll be providing access to your PC saves and you’ll also be able to directly rent a server from Nitrado who can host your PC or console saves.
- Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order here
- Pre-order your server today and save an additional 20% discount using promo code: SAVEYOURARK
- You’ll be able to:
- Access to all official save games for all platforms – PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Easily import the save game with one click using the web interface.
- Have access to a comprehensive guide and FAQs telling you everything you need to know about hosting servers.
- For more information, please visit this page.
- Pre-order and promo code are not available for XBOX.
- Remember we’ll be taking another save snapshot during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September in preparation for ASA’s October release, with more details to come at a later date!
In 2019, the launch of the Snail Games Initiative, Classic PvP, created an exciting and competitive playing experience for PC players. Throughout the course of the seasons, the meta was watched closely and changes were made to shake things up and create an experience tailored for PvP gameplay. Continue on the quest for the ultimate PvP experience with the introduction of Classic PvP Season 7!
Classic PvP Season 7 launches on the 28th of August at 6 p.m. Pacific Time!
- Experience gain, taming, gathering have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
- Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
- Tribes are set to 25 players max
- Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
- Servers have a maximum player count of 100
- These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center
- These maps will not be available: Genesis 1, Genesis 2, Extinction, Fjordur and Lost Island
- Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
- All Aberration, Extinction, Genesis Part 1, and Genesis Part 2 content is unavailable on Classic PvP
- Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
- TEK Engrams only for those allowed in the maps
- No cave building
- No net guns
- Rhyniognatha will not spawn on The Island
- Garchas will not spawn on any map
- Cryopods enabled
- Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
- Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
- Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone
Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, August 28th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.
- Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
- Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
- ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
- Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form
Syntac attempts to tame the clever and deceitful Indoraptor from Moro's Indomitable Duo mod.
Creator: NERD Potion 2.0 feat. Aviva Arcade
Couples that play together, stay together. Nerd Potion and Aviva Arcade prove it as they use the power of teamwork to tame a shiny Spectral Bazelgeuse and a Burning Nergigante from the mod Ark Monster Hunter and Shiny! Dinos mod.
ARK Fasolasuchus Saddle Fan Concept by EmilyStepp
ARK fanart by Antiallt1
Willow by Rhallwyn
Ark: The Island, Cover Story by MayaPatch
Giga VS Wyvern Rematch by Umbra-Daiwrfol
Jerboa with a mushroom hat by shelby
Archaeopteryx by Pet1tFlan
Griffon by SAYDOM
Screenshot by im with sandy
Screenshot by christine_km
Enjoy your weekend!
Official Wiki: https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/ARK_Wiki