Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
ARK: Genesis Part 2 Teaser Trailer & TLC Pass 3!
Posted on November 7th, 2020 04:50 PM EST
ARK: Genesis Part 2 introduces a vast contiguous world filled with strange new biomes, story missions, and exotic creatures! The final confrontation between the spritely HLN-A and the villainous Sir Edmund Rockwell occurs on a gigantic colony ship traveling through deep space. Players will need to draw on of all their ARK experience to succeed.
ARK's largest Expansion Pack yet has game-changing additions for every kind of Survivor: whether it's taking possession of enemies via brain-controlling "Noglin" creatures, zooming around doing radical tricks on the skateboard-like Hoversail, or managing and viewing your base remotely with security cameras, among tons of other new items and creatures!
This expansion pack will also new voiceover talent to the ARK universe with David Tennant (Doctor Who, Good Omens) playing the villainous Sir Edmund Rockwell, and Madeleine Madden (The Wheel of Time, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Dora and the Lost City of Gold) taking on the in-game robotic AI companion HLN-A/Helena Walker.
But even with HLN-A's help, will your powerful skills, gear, and tames be sufficient to put a stop to Rockwell's demented plans once and for all? We're about to find out because The End is Near!
TLC Pass 3 finds its way marching through the ARK with some tender loving care for some old friends; the Mammoth and Stegosaurus have received varied gameplay and visual upgrades! This update also includes a bunch of Quality of Life changes to make your time on the ARK more enjoyable!
- 1 additional passenger seat on a saddle that comes equipped with a war drum that must be played to maintain an AoE buff that improves stamina regen and makes them immune to fear.
- Sweeps tusks left or right to gather and harvest thatch
- Emits a trunk roar that does an AOE debuff to all enemies within range which reduces damage dealt and increases damage taken
- After stepping in water, the next Trunk Trumpet used by the Mammoth will spray the rider with water, hydrating them, removing fire debuffs, and reducing their temperature.
- Mammoth rears up and then puts all of its weight into a forward “slam” with its front legs to directionally knock back enemies and gather wood
- Similar to the Karkinos’s grab, it is able to grab, hold, aim and release smaller targets
Backplate passive buff and can switch between three modes. Different modes will be indicated visually
- Hardened Plated: Applies a damage reduction buff; Wood harvesting benefit
- Heavy Plate Mode: Applies a slow when attacking with the basic tail whip; Thatch harvesting benefit
- Sharpened Plate Mode: Applies an armor penetration effect when attacking with the tail whip. Also useful for harvesting berries
- Able to impale and immobilize players and smaller creatures
- The rider is prevented from dismounting effects and attacks
- Has a berry weight reduction buff
The insects and creatures that can now be bred are: Spider, Onyc, Moth, Scorpion, Arthropluera, Mantis and the mighty Wyverns!
The new (Wyvern are unchanged) hatching/gestation and maturation times are as follows:
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes (Matches Pachy)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 1 hour, and 1 minute (Matches Dimorph)
- Total Gestation Time: 3 hours and 58 minutes (Matches Procoptodon)
- Total Maturation Time: 1day, 4 hours, and 3 minutes (Matches Kairuku)
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes (Matches Kairuku)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 6 hours, and 51 minutes (Matches Pegomastax)
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 59 minutes (Matches Raptor)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 13 hours, and 12 minutes (Matches Raptor)
- Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 29 minutes (Matches Sarco)
- Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 3 hours, and 26 minutes (Matches Stego)
- Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 46 minutes (Matches Stego)
- Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 6 hours, and 27 minutes (Matches Tapejara)
- In addition to insect breeding, we went back and showed some love to a few of ARK's well-known inhabitants.
- Reduced maturation time by approximately 15% (Total growth is around 10~ days)
- Increased base health by 33% (from 190 to 250.3)
- Increased movement speed when ridden by 25%
- Added a (slow draining) bleed to its basic attack
- Reduced depth requirement for breeding so that it can be bred on other maps
- Wyverns are now breedable (Zombie Wyverns cannot be bred)
- Slight stat rebalance now that they’re breedable and to bring them in line with Crystal Wyverns
- Reduced gestation/aging times to match Megaloceros
- Pack Bonus: Damage Reduction and Damage Increase per pack member within range
- Added a bleed to its basic attack
- Increase base weight capacity from 55 to 120 (Matches Bulbdog)
- Increase metal weight reduction by 10% (from total reduction of 75% to 85%)
- You can now turn when rolling with a Doed (similarly to the Genesis Race Mission)
- Now has eyes
Use the interactive taming HUD to monitor your unconscious wild tamable creatures. Keep track of the following:
- Creature's Gender and Level
- Taming and Unconscious Progress
- Taming Effectiveness
- Current Health and Food status.
- Distance from your location
- An option to track specific creatures via in-world waypoints (which can be hovered for an over-screen overlay displaying additional information).
- Element reward from The Island bosses has been increased by 100%
- Element reward from The Center bosses has been increased by 100%
- Element reward from Scorched Earth has been increased by 50%
- The ability to set a pin code to all turrets in range
- The ability to copy settings to all turrets in range
- The ability to copy settings to pin code-selected turrets in range
- The settings which can be copied are: power state, range, targeting, warning
- Fixed a bug where HLN-A would jitter a lot at low client fps
- Fixed a bug which allowed you to blow up 2 pieces of C4 without consuming them
- Fixed the Onyx having the wrong icon
- Fixed a lot of typos
- Fixed a shoulder pet offset issue with the Ferox on the Gigantopithecus
- Fixed a bug on localized/translated Cryopods which prevented it from displaying the correct information
- Fixed multiple level-design related bugs such as holes, floating foliage, incorrect volumes, etc.
- Fixed a bug which prevented you from placing Cliff Platform structures in the Genesis Part 1 Ocean Biome
- Fixed a bug which broke biome specific overrides
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to fly across the map with certain creatures and grappling hooks
- Completely disabled the option to set teleporters as Public on Official PvP (including using them).
- New Dynamic Ini options: HexagonRewardMultiplier (multiplies hex rewards for missions), BabyImprintAmountMultiplier, and BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier
- Hotkey for GCM demolished has changed to "G" when using keyboard and mouse
As we reach various donation goals, we will increase the Official Server Network rates. We'll also be extending the event past the regular 24 hours as a gesture towards those with slower connections who may be downloading for a portion of the livestream.
If you are interested in joining our team to help raise money, we'd love to have you! Check out this link for more information on how to get started. All donations go to the Extra Life organization and contribute to raising the Official Network rates!
For specialized game modes, we'll be using the rates below:
Tune in to our crazy Extra Life event at www.twitch.tv/survivetheark until 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET Sunday, November 8 for additional content reveals for ARK: Genesis II and boosted rates as the community meets fundraising goals, while the game also continues its Free Weekend on the Steam Store where anyone can hop in and play!